La Carolina Quito
Carolina Park Quito
La Carolina Park is located in the commercial and contemporary part of Quito.
- It is the park that visitors choose because they can practice sports such as soccer, sports, basketball, tennis and the popular ecuavolley, an indigenous variation of volleyball or jogging in the mornings or afternoons.
- It is one of the most important green areas of Quito city and with its 64 hectares, allows life in the north of the city has space for rest: here you can have a picnic, ride a bicycle, sail in the lagoon, visit the Botanical Garden and Vivarium or taste a delicious cotton candy. In addition, you will find a circuit where you can practice cycling and an area for skating or skating.
- In this park, you can have fun in the gardens, play soccer, practice basketball, skate, exercise your body with aerobics, walk or simply walk with your family or friends.
- La Carolina Park courts This modern infrastructure has green spaces and sports courts such as:
- Soccer, basketball, volleyball and tennis courts, sports court, bicycle crossing, ice skating and acrobatics rink for bicycles, sports hall, games area, exhibition center, five parking lots, athletics track, restaurants and socialization centers.
La Carolina Park Information
- Nautical Park: La Laguna is located in the southeastern part of the park, one of the main attractions of La Carolina. Here you can enjoy a boat or bicycle ride.
- The Botanical Garden of Quito: In this oasis, you will be able to appreciate and know the widest variety of orchids and other species of flora typical of the ancient Ecuadorians.
- In the green areas surrounding the Orquideario, a representation of the diverse Andean environmental scenarios is organized. It has an area of 18,600 square meters and managed to extend in the near future to 8,000 additional square meters. There are several areas reserved for different categories of plant details.
- Fantastic Airplane: If you want to enjoy theater and puppets for children, visit this airplane. Inside an old device you will find new suggestions for children's fun.
- Museum of Natural Sciences of Ecuador: this area was created to make known and understand the natural wealth distributed throughout Ecuador. It has numerous botanical, paleontological and metallic samples of the country.
History of La Carolina Park
Located in the area of Iñaquito, the park was born as a result of the municipal expropriation of 1939 in the hacienda "La Carolina" that belongs to Mrs. Maria Augusta Barba de Larrea. The modern design was carried out by the Planning Department of the Municipality in 1976 and is being remodeled today.
Pope John Paul II met in this park during his visit to Ecuador in 1985. To commemorate this event, a giant cross was built at the site where the ceremony took place.
Carolina Park Km.
La Carolina covers an area of 64 hectares and is in the heart of Quito, just like Central Park is in New York City.
In this green space 40 tons of garbage are collected every week. The city estimates that 50,000 people visit this recreation area each week. This makes it the most visited park in the city.
It has seven restrooms, eight synthetic soccer fields with free access, seven tennis courts for free use. Seven restaurants, an 800-meter track, a water park, a bicycle path and a freestyle one.
It is also full of eucalyptus, pines and a lagoon. From 05:00 to 08:00, you can see bolts trotting on a route where they meet to train. A path for cyclists and runners that surpasses 4 km. It opens up between the woods and the green areas of the park.